Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Spring Garden Cleaning

Spent some quality time with my pruning shears today. Cleaned up the hydrangeas, all sticks and little leafy buds right now. I know they want and need it, just always confused about where to cut. Also cleaned out peony bed and planted a couple of new ones that a friend of a friend GAVE ME. Pruned up the climbing hydrangea, that is pretty much out of control. When I planted it my husband said he would build me an arbor-thing for it, that was years ago. Watched some birds that built a nest in the honeysuckle, about where I need to cut it down. Guess I will wait for that. Pica chased the squirrels. And all was sunshine in Seattle. Very weird weather for us right now. This is what we look forward to -- hydrangeas in the fall.







2 comments:

"Maggie & Kevin" said...

Wow, these are so gorgeous. The colors are so vibrant. I wish they were in my yard. Care to send me a bag full? :) Oh and I love peony's and use to have them. I will be planting some as soon as I get my new gardens in here!

Anonymous said...

I love Hortensias!