Friday, February 11, 2005

Chow Babe Spring Brunch

This little egg invitation was so easy to pull together, and I was so thrilled with the outcome. I used plastic eggs and grass I had leftover from many Easters. I made a very long invitation on three sheets of paper. I printed up 5 per page (I think). First I glued the three pages together, I did that nifty accordian fold I learned in a book making class (will dig up those instructons). THEN I cut them. Super glued each end into the egg. When printing out the invitation, I made sure I left plenty of room on each end of the invitation to glue inside egg. I printed the invitation in alternating pastel colors. Mailed them in a 3x3 white box full of shredded paper grass. The address was printed on a colored egg, on adhesive paper.
Also made some little flower gift cards, handmade honeysuckle hand soaps for little gift bags. Gosh, that was all fun.
Set the table with all the mismatched flower plates and teacups that I have been collecting forever. And the paper lanterns were hung from the ceiling with care. I hang lanterns every spring.









7 comments:

Amy said...

Such a sweet idea and a beautiful display too. Thanks for sharing with us!

mati rose said...

you've inspired me to have a lantern brunch!!! thank you:)

Anonymous said...

Oh, that looks so fun!! I love the invitation idea and the treats. I'm a real sucker for paper lanterns too :) I just love it all!

Anonymous said...

So beautiful. Looks like a magazine. You, my friend, need to sign up the the new Apprentice with Martha Stewart! --Elaine from whatjdid.blogspot.com

"Maggie & Kevin" said...

Wonderful party planning and invitation. I lover that kind of creative party planning.

Wish I was on the invite list!

http://www.designerm.com/blog.html

By the way, your website and work are great!

"Maggie & Kevin" said...

It pays to preview your posts...

Love was the key word!

Kim Carney said...

Dear Fellow Bloggers: "M" had a great idea. Next time you are all invited!! What a grand tea party that would be. -- Kim