Tuesday, September 20, 2011

EtsyRain Meetup

Tonight I undressed from my usual mismatched paint sweatpants and T-shirt - and dressed into "real adult clothes" to go to an etsyRain meeting at Chocolati Café (you must have the Dark Vader hot chocolate if you go - dark chocolate with raspberry - just make sure you don't get it all over your face). 

I opened my Etsy shop last year but haven't fully embraced it. I forget about it most of the time. I thought becoming a member, an engaged, active etsyRain member might help me along my path. It is difficult for me to go out there in the "big world" and meet new people but I thoroughly enjoyed tonight and I am so glad I went.  


I talked about my rings with strangers that I have never done before and got some great feedback. Tried to describe Brantlers and how much fun I was having in my studio this week with power tools and paint! I made 15! more Brantlers yesterday, keyholed, cut, belt-sanded, painted ... well, I am still painting them. I made five 8-inch versions ... can't wait to see what comes of those! Trying to work on/design/figure out the website at night. I updated my Wordpress theme today and thought I had lost all of the formatting. Argh. Need to photograph the newest Brantlers I finished up a couple of days ago. But 'real' work keeps getting in my way.

Met some very lovely artist and bloggers tonight:

Leigh Pate's lovely travel photos and travel blog 

Marin's ReDeFind Vintage, Seeing Vintage in a New Way  

Allice B Creative 

Beautiful watercolors by Sydney Palmer of Chavah's Garden
 
Photographer, Rachel and her wonderful blog, No Mark At All

Thank you all! That was fun. 

2 comments:

IMakeCuteStuff (aka Marlo M.) said...

Hi Kim!
I'm bummed that I couldn't make it to the meetup this week. Hopefully I'll have a chance to meet you next month :) Thanks for participating!

Kim Carney said...

Hello Marlo. Thank you! It was really fun and I am so glad I *finally* participated ... can't wait until the next meeting