Sunday, November 19, 2006

Beautiful Sunday - 11.19

I offer up a true friend for Beautiful Sunday. A good day spent with a wonderful woman, who took on the job as a single mom and does a great job of it. Who deals with new roofs, backed up toilets, college funds, broken down cars, teaching a boy how to drive -- all on her own. No mom their with her to cook the dinners, do the laundry, run the errands. No husband to say, "good job, Hon", "Oh, here, let me do that".... no, all on her own and I applaud her for it. She is strong, smart, sensitve, funny, beautiful, caring, talented, daring, adventurous ... a with-it kind-of mom. She does it all with a smile on her face and in her heart. Thank you for being my friend and a true inspiration! (And for turning me on the ArtFest).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A beautiful tribute, Kim. Single moms, working moms, moms with a huge brood of kids are all my heros!

Anonymous said...

How fortunate she is to have a friend and supporter like you! I was a single mom for over 10 years (all through the teen years!) and know what a difficult job it is. Single moms are the unsung hero's of our culture so thanks for singing such a beautiful song for your friend!