Friday, February 18, 2005

Recycled Paper Tags And Other Paper Treats

I love paper and I deem it my duty to recycle old paper whenever possible. We had lots of the paper samples at work that I took, cut down and made into gift tags. With that handy corner curve punch. I use old photo that I have scanned, bits and pieces of paper I have saved from other projects. (I have boxes of paper bits that I can't make myself discard -- I can make tags, those Christmas Tree Paper Chain, background in greeting cards ... okay, I drive myself crazy with the little bits of paper).



I also made many of these little gift bags one year for my son's Valentine's Day gifts at his school (when we used to have to make 30 or so for his class, he is too old for that now). I
carved rectangle of rubber, the same size as the (about a 4x6) paper bag (oooh, they have colors!) and printed it on both sides. The bags are adorable, even if I say so myself.
This is my best pal, Katie's birthday treat bag. Happy Birthday to my extraordinary, loving and generous friend.

8 comments:

"Maggie & Kevin" said...

Absolutely love hot pink though the only thing I have hot pink is my website and my blog!

These are great ideas and you are so very clever!

Amy said...

I too am a paper junkie (that added to my fabric addiction and my rubberstamp alphabet fetish and well, I have next to no room left for any more anything!) so I know all too well about boxes of paper scraps that cannot be parted with! I love that little stamped bag, so sweet.

Why aren't you the next Martha Stewart?

Kim Carney said...

Can I have the houses, gardens, studio space without all the hard work it takes to be 'martha'? That would be nice. But I don't relish the idea of seeing Martha in reality tv, very depressing. I miss my 10a show of inspiration! And I write emails to the TV station all the time, stating that.

Anonymous said...

I just love coming here. Such beautiful photographs and great ideas. Thank you so much for sharing.

About the Martha thing. I don't know what the show is gonna be about. Is anybody for sure that it is going to be the same format as the Donald, with the "You're Fired!" and all? Cause if it is just to get bunch of people together with great artsy and crafty ideas, then I'd say you qualify.

Liquid Sky Arts said...

I'm a paper junkie too, a whole dresser with drawers full of it! :)

I love your felt flower tag, and the grassy looking tie...and that stamped bag is amazing!

Polly said...

Oh Wow! You left a comment on how you like my carved stamps but the one you carved for this bag is wonderful! I love it!!! Love your Flight illo. too!

Kim Carney said...

I don't know about amazing, but I do know I have alot of fun sometimes, especially when paper is involved!

Anonymous said...

this is stunning. i love paper, and i love what you've done with yours!