Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Illustration Friday -- Flight

Illustration Friday this week is Flight. The best flights that I can remember (besides the time I was bumped up to Business Class on a long flight to Korea, right before I took 2 Tylenol PM's and missed it all!) are my own personal flights in my dreams. I had 'flying' dreams all the time before I got too tired and overwhelmed with life to dream. Do you run, take off and glide? Or do you flap your arms like a bird? Or do you swim? You other flying dreamers out there ... I was something between gliding and swimming. I usually really fly in my dream fully clothed, during the daylights hours, trying to miss the birds and and not fly into the powerlines, worry about how I am going land. But I couldn't resist the blue of a nightsky and a sheer nightgown (don't own one.)

Later Post: Thank you to everyone for the delightful compliments on Night Flight. Worked up in Illustrator. And the new Illustrator has that wonderful TRANSPARENCY feature now, that it did not have before. When I would make transparent in the past, I would have to manipulate every single polygon. NOW, with a quick flip of a slider-bar...'tis done! And I love the distort feature, take a circle and make a flower. It is all Adobe Illustrator, I have had a love affair going with this program for many years.

NIghtFlight2

15 comments:

Cin said...

beautiful dream "flight" Kim ! love her sleeping on a cloud, holding the moon and the stars !

Unknown said...

oh this is great.. I can see this as a mural of a teens room! very nice!

Anonymous said...

gorgeous! it's perfect!

Unknown said...

very lovely.. I like the colors and the composition .. good night! sweet dreams :)

Anonymous said...

I really like your illo. Beautiful.

violetismycolor

Anonymous said...

Wow, this is gorgeous. Color and the floating, dreamy quality makes this a fantastic illo.

Ellie said...

Absolutely beautiful - I love how you use the transparency effects! It evokes dreams... nice ones.

Elle

starky said...

Great! nice colors.

"Maggie & Kevin" said...

Wonderful piece and concept. Now do you want to come and paint my ceiling in my bedroom for me?

And where did you find the time to get this done? :)

Amy said...

She is very ethereal, love the transparent qualities, as always excellent work!

As for me and my flight dreams, well I am a glider and about fifty percent of my landings are tumble and roll...what does that say about me?! Ha! The other fifty percent of my landings are a mystery because my brain transitions to another scene. Go figure.

Anonymous said...

I love how complete and finished this is. The transparent layers are great.

erika
http://www.five3.com

Anonymous said...

I like you illo. It´s beautiful!

Unknown said...

love it! great colors!

Anonymous said...

wow! What a stunning illo Kim....i LOVE it!
Violette

Kim's Suitcase said...

beautiful, i just got to it now, so many entries last week to view...