Thursday, December 21, 2023

'Tis the season to spend money

My wonderful SIL have taken the kids ON FOOT to the beach, way far away. :) While I try and clean kitchen and bathroom a little bit. Looks like the girls had a finger polish spill in the bathroom, thankfully, it is a small, clear area of disaster. Not sure how to get that up. Matt made a big pot of chicken rice soup, so I am cleaning that up. Kate and I opted for a big salad of micro-greens, pear, cheese, with pate and other yummy stuff. We went to Trader Joe's AND World Market the other day and came home with two big bags of chocolate digestives, chocolate Cadbury Fingers (all the things that mom and I bought at Christmas), dark chocolate peanut butter cups (TJ), lots of candies and such. I already feel like I have gained many pounds. 

All dogs and cats are napping while I attempt to clean up their hair from every surface of the house and their messes every where else. What is wrong with this picture? I keep putting Murphy and Remi's enormous chew toys in the toy box so I won't break a toe or hip tripping over them. 

Kate doesn't have many of the streaming apps we have so we spend the night huddled in front of some delicious TV show "catching up". We watched Chef's Table, some British mysteries, some movies. We have weeks to watch many others. "Barbie" is on the menu tonight. 

I don't feel like I have enough presents but at some point you have to stop, right? I have spent a lot of money this holiday and had a blast doing it. Making up for years worth of not spending too much. I have ended up giving the girls stuff AS I PURCHASE IT. It is a hug problem when you have manipulative kids around you! 

We have gone done to Edmonds many times to shop in the local stores. I bought 100's of dollars worth of candles, trying to make up for what David would have bought for our stockings. We went to David's favorite toy store yesterday but left with a fraction of what he would have purchased there. We did use he frequent shopper number (he is still in the system) for a 10% discount.

Bri is also out shopping today. I think we all worried we haven't bought enough, but isn't that always the drill?

I think they are all headed home soon. So back to finishing up my cleaning.

 

 I like Linda Rosso's loose brush work. 





No comments: