Saturday, December 23, 2023

'Tis the season for total chaos, fa la la, la la la laaaaa

We have been watching a lot of Chef's Table which reminds me of my mom and other family cooking at the holidays. Now it is Bri, Matt and her mom cooking for holidays. I made sugared walnuts and pecans at Costco had a great deal. They turned out pretty good, I only burnt one test batch. 

Kate woke me up at 7am, to tell me of her grim finding in the bathroom. One of the big dogs had an accident, both numbers. I told her NOT to clean up out dogs messes. But she was traumatized and could not go back to sleep. We made coffee and continued watching SLOW HORSES.

Aunt Kate is being very nice to Meemaw and taking the kids for LONG WALKS TO THE BEACH almost everyday. We get almost an hour or so of peace, quiet and time to clean. Her little gift to me! 

We are changing it up a little this year and having Christmas eve dinner. The kids and Bri's mom are in charge. I am going to iron the linens today and dig out plates. I think about 11 of us. Should be fun with Murphy low-growling at everyone.

Bri is cleaning out the fridge at the moment and I see some fights in our future over condiments LOL But honestly, I just read the expiration date on one and it was 2017. 

Bri is cleaning out the fridge at the moment and I see some fights in our future over condiments LOL But honestly, I just read the expiration date on one and it was 2017. I have been watching some Russian cooking shows that are pretty fun. I mean, isn't cooking the universal language?


  

  

 

Yeah, I won't be making any of these, but they looked so cute. And while I am not making these cute dishes, I listen to these ') I am off the the dollar store for more gift bags.

No comments: