Wednesday, December 06, 2023

No, thanks

I can't explain how wet and cold it is here. I think we have another weeks' worth at least. 

I am still drinking my coffee, at NOON and I need to get busy cleaning. My SIL is coming soon. So much to do now that I have put it all off until the last minute. It feels like I clean something and a minute later it is all messy again.

My friend from Texas just DM'd asking if I wanted to go to the desert, ride a camel and watch the sunset with her. (She is 80 and really, deep down, doesn't like to be put out traveling). To which I replied, no thanks. The thought of getting on an cramped airplane, paying $9 for a pack of peanuts and hundreds of dollars to check a bag ... NOT APPEALING. But I sent her a nice video of a desert sunset and said, "There I just saved you $6,000."And if you speed up the video, your trip is even faster! 

Although I would not mind having a Berber Scarf.

The berber turban are worn to protect its wearer against sun and sand in the desert. This tribal scarf is very soft hand woven fabric of 100% cotton. This Berber Tuareg scarf is also known as Tuareg taglmust, Moroccan scarf, tribal tie dye scarf, desert scarf and Cheche

I don't know why I have no desire to  air travel anymore, but I just don't. The last airplane trip, with numb legs ... I swore it was the last time. This coming from someone who worked for an airline and traveled back and forth from SJT to DFW almost every night on a very small airplane. Not to mention, world turmoil. Although, I would love the catch an "airplane Karen" in action. I suggested a nice road trip somewhere?

How can you hear an animal throwing up all the way across the house???? 

I LOVE Graham Norton. When I wake up in the wee hours and can't go back to sleep, I watch him. He makes me happy. I laugh and cry so hard, I wake up the dogs.

 

Artist in residence, Navajo weaver Naiomi Glasses. Now if we could just afford to wear it!



No comments: