Sunday, May 08, 2011

Television-licious

Okay, my mom doesn't venture far from PBS, Oprah or C-SPAN so you can imagine my surprise when I came upon her watching a segment of  How Do I Look, followed by Jerseylicious the other day. Something she just flipped through and wanted to see the end of the story. I explained to  Mom, this is American culture, reality TV of our time ... something my Mom knows nothing about. We set through an hour of these two shows, amazed at the length of the fingernails and the circumference of the earrings. All pretty astounding, silly, can I say, stupid? We laughed and swore we wouldn't waste any more minutes watching, ever.  She doesn't stay up late enough to watch any of the popular shows I like, HBO's Game of Thrones, my favorite at the moment, Castle or Camelot. Thankfully, I have them on my DVR for afternoon viewing, when all else looks thin. Needless to say, that night I had a dream about teasing my hair sky-high and killing rats. The pun? Rat's nest? 

We decided to stick with Masterpiece from now on.

1 comment:

Belgie said...

I want to say that I don’t think I’ve read anything so true in a long time. You’ve got a lot of great ideas, a great deal of perspective. I think that you definitely have something important to say and I’m going to back it 110%, man. Good job keeping this subject alive and interesting!