Sunday, May 15, 2011

Leafing out and finding my new groove

I can't explain why I feel so removed from life the last 9 months. I know when it began. My routine got lost. Cleaning house was no longer a priority. Job search, learning, resumes, websites ... all took over. Then I took on jobs, free and paying ... and those took over. My clothes pile continued to grow into a mountain on the bedroom chair.

Finally, I changed out my winter/summer clothes. And cleaned the bedroom! I must have vacuumed for an hour. I am hoping my routine will return. My need to have a clean space! Orderly, clean, vacuumed, mopped space.

I also changed out and cleaned out my purse. I found 14 lipsticks. Ticket stubs, notes, ephemera from our California vacation. That is when it my life came to a standstill.  So with a tidy purse, ironed clothes, colored lips, I soldier on ... the clean the bathroom!



I have been trying to get up from my computer and walk at least once a day. Collecting treasures along the way. Enjoying the smells, the green, remembering when I would pull Matt in his red wagon to Hummingbird Park, four blocks away. 




Woke up the last two nights at 245a. After an  attempt to go back to sleep, found myself at the computer, experimenting and having fun making brushes and patterns in Adobe Illustrator. I really, really, really love that program.




I have so many things to do today, gotta get rollin' ... YOU have a great one!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about a routine...when my husband and I took early retirements we found that to be the most difficult adjustment!

And I really, really like your brushes.

Maxinetoo said...

14 lipsticks ... can't believe you could still carry your purse around with all that stuff in it! :) Doesn't it feel good to purge and clean?

BethR said...

That was my experience as well after I was laid off! The job search activities take much more time and mental & emotional investment than I had expected. Hang in there! You do great work and are such a pleasure to work with -- the job market is a disaster, but great people are always needed...a good fit will find its way to you.

Kim Carney said...

Thank you BethR for that wonderful encouragement! I feel like the busiest unemployed person (paradoxical) ... but it is comforting to know that life may ease back into normal soon! xoxox

Kim Carney said...

Kate, glad to know I am not the only one feeling the difficulty of change. Onward! ;) Thank you ... do you use illustator ... I will send them to you

amanda said...

love this.