Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Echinacea

I am easily distracted by emails containing images of flowers, which happened this morning when I opened Better Home and Garden's, Garden Notes newsletter. There, screaming at me was a different coneflower I had never seen, a double-pink! Anything that says "double" for the yard -- I want it. Off searching I went - for different varieties of coneflowers! If the sun ever returns to my yard, I might just plant a couple of these!

Echinacea Pink Double Delight, fragrant, double-pink coneflowers butterflies love! White and pink seedlings!


3 comments:

Angela said...

Oh wow! Those look absolutely amazing!! I may have to look for some too...

Kim Carney said...

why do I just love the "double" anything? I am going to the nursery to look around for some this weekend ;)
I think they need sun. They would grow in your area ... not sure about mine ;0

Catherine dee Auvil said...

1. I grew Echinacea once. I kind I grew only flowered the second year. But the anticipation makes the flower more beautiful. It is somehow like fireworks.
2. You are right that Pinterest is better with categories.
3. Double hollyhocks are the best. Or double poppies. Can't decide.