Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Self-Portrait Tuesday 11.08 - Remembering The Many Me's

I am tired of taking self-portraits of the old, tired, fat me. I dug into the archives and found a younger me. A thinner me. A silly me. A workaholic me. A party girl me. A me always in bad relationships. A confused me. I wonder if we could go back and change the 'me' in the past, would we?

Barry and Me. Congress Junior High School, Denton. My best friend, Barry, going to a dance. I had to ask, no beg him to take me. His dad bought me the flower. We did not stay at the dance because Barry wanted to go roping. He took me to the roping in that dress, and I stayed in the car, furious at him. Barry and I remained best friends for a long time. I still talk to him ocassionally, when I can hunt him down in his very nomadic life.

Barryme

Cowgirl Me. My best friend, 'Mel Ro' (or Melanie-Bob) and I at the Ft. Worth Stock show circa mid 70's. She and I have been best friends since we took driver's ed together in Denton in the early 70's.

Cowgirl me

Puddin' and Me. My best friends dog Puddin'. He was one of my favorites. Her dad was a vet so they had a whole kennel running around the house and on the grounds.

Puddin' and Me

Party animal Me. I did alot of that.

Party animal me

Very Sad Me. One of my worst times.

Sad time me

Scuba Diving Me. Florida Keys. (with one of the many unfaithful jerks I dated)

Scuba-diving me

Tony and Me. At the Dallas Times Herald in mid 80's. He is so talented!

Tony and me

12 comments:

liz elayne lamoreux said...

Love these glimpses into who you were that make you who you are. Thank you for sharing them. Beautiful.

Robyn said...

Excellent! Were there any faithful guys back then???? Makes ya crazy thinking about it! Great look at a very keen life! Nothing like a Texas girl!

kiki said...

this is really a great series of pictures.

Anonymous said...

How interesting to get some peeks into the past! But honestly? I love your *now* photos. I never see fat, tired, old. I see someone sharing the real thing.
And I always look forward to Tuesdays at your place!

Anonymous said...

I second what Jan said! Thanks for the peek into your photo album :o)

Liquid Sky Arts said...

What an amazing set of pictures... Wow!
So many lives you've lived in just this one.

Anonymous said...

wow kim!! i love these! my favorite post of yurs so far. love love the pictures, keep them comin :)

Susan said...

Very beautiful photos! Thank you so much for the very sweet comment about my mom.

kath red said...

i love it too. the little snippets that make up the big picture

Kim Carney said...

Thank you one and all. The many me's thank you, this old one thanks you! That was a fun little day journey. And thank you Jan adn Sandra

phlegmfatale said...

SOOOO glad you included something that shows your flair for haberdashery as well as you resplendent in your shit-kicker finery. What a handsome woman you have always been! What did I say all those years ago --? "Brighter than a thousand stars she shines."

kelly barton art + design said...

ohhh...i love your photo journal.
now i want to go back in look through mine. seems like we have
alot in common.

have a great day