Sunday, November 06, 2005

Light Up My Life

I spend a little too much time thinking about and searching out lanterns and other arty things to hang in my dining room. Looking forward to my next ceiling installment, I bought this cool hanging thing (the one I bought is three-tiered) from IKEA, with blue, green and such crystal hangie-thingies. The colors match the plate I will use during Christmas holidays.

You really want to see these - Art competition of Japanese lanterns from five-blossoms
here and here.

Table Lamp with Ramie Jogakbo Shade - "Harmony""Summer"; "Autumn", all from Antique Alive.

Make your own
double-layer Chinese Lantern or Box-shape Chinese Lanterns. More paper lantern instructions here.

Paper Parasols

Various photos I ran across searching lanterns. They inspire me! The first photo is from
swisstoni's Fickr! photostream





4 comments:

Balwearie said...

Oh how I love lanterns. I really like the square ones in the second picture. Now that's something I could make.

liz elayne lamoreux said...

So much fun! I love these posts that take me to fun new sites. And maybe I will take this inspiration I feel and finally put up some kind of lantern/hanging thing above the dining room table.

kiki said...

wow these are great pictures

"Maggie & Kevin" said...

These are so beautiful and festive. Lanterns add a magical quality to an event.