Monday, November 22, 2010

Sugar-coated garden

Pixel doesn't know what to make of the backyard today. The last two days have been snowy here in Edmonds. A slow but constant snow flurry. I love the way the snow muffles all noises and makes it seem like you are in another world, a quiet one without distractions.

the baby doesn't know what to make of the stuff

The entire yard seems sugar-coated.

sugar-coated garden

sugar-coated garden

sugar-coated garden

Even me! My hair blends right in.



Mom and I braved the bad roads and made T-day grocery run. Now it is all cooking and cleaning for the next couple of days! While D treats us to 'vinyl' music: "Mother's Best Radio Show" with Hank Williams and a jazz version of My Fair Lady.

10 comments:

Peruby said...

What the heck? How do you get snow on a blooming hydrangea?

Maxinetoo said...

Pics are beautiful. I see you actually got her higness to join you (reluctantly no doubt). :)

Anonymous said...

Kim, your hair is gorgeous!!!!!
Ruth

Kim Carney said...

Thanks Ruth, it feels a little out of control :)

Peruby --- you know --- our hydrangeas just bloom sugar topped :0

Gerrie, pixel is a little too excited about the snow now, and has insisted on going out every hour! Just to check it out ;) had to bath Pica today and he IS NOT HAPPY with me ;(

Jan said...

I love this photo of you....beautiful!

Michelle (a.k.a. la vie en rose) said...

pretty pics...trey was in your area of the world earlier in the week...a very quick, one day trip...i told him if he got snowed in to call you...but he made it home...

Kim Carney said...

Thank you Jan! sometimes I forget I am all gray and when I look in the mirror, I think, who is that person ;)

Michelle, would have to loved to see
Trey but I am glad he made it out of here before this wonderful weather hit ;)

Natalie Thiele said...

Great picture of you. Your hair is stunning! Seems to me a while back you were trying to figure out how to grow out the color gracefully. With silver hair like yours I hope you never color it again.

NKOTB4Eternity said...

I was thinking the same thing about the blooming hydrangea (cute avatar, Peruby :). Agreed on the gorgeous hair, Kim! Really love the second pic.

Kim Carney said...

Natalie ...Thank you! I have thought of coloring a couple of times ... but I really like the gray.

NKOTB4Eternity, thank you so much.