Thursday, November 11, 2010

Busyness

I am trying to figure out how the day can vanish so quickly. Without a schedule or job to anchor me to something cohesive, my days are flying by without getting much done or maybe much done is translated into a pay check ;)

Today I met with the ring guy - the most fabulous
brilliant*laser*cutting*ring  guy in the world! He gives me the best feedback, helps me walk through my design and solutions. I left my guy feeling happy and high on life and said a little prayer on the way home. Something like, 'please give me the strength to follow through with my vision and dreams even when I feel the weight of my fear and depression pulling me in to a dark place'.

I came home, found email from another recruiter and have a meeting with the next week. Stopped by one of my best buddy's home to deliver a very late birthday present. He walked me around his newest home projects, one which was some great lighting. Which set me looking for LED lighting. Our house is so old, outdoor lights seem impossible to be cool here.

Worked on resume, website for rings, non-profit website for a friend of mine
. Lots of busy work. The guy at the unemployment agency yesterday told me "you will never get a job filling out applications online", "it is all about networking".  So I will put 'networking' at the top of my list. ;)

With Thanksgiving fast approaching, need to start cleaning. I have all the time in the world now to clean and do not want to wait to the day before. I am thinking of removing the branches from the dining room ceiling. The kids want to keep them up. Matt really wants the leaves again this year.

Sweet Gum

3 comments:

Amy said...

laser cut rings designed by you? yes, please! i'm excited to see what you've been up to :).

Kim Carney said...

Sent you mail about the rings ;)
woo hoo!

Maxinetoo said...

I want you to keep the branches in the dining room. :)