Tuesday, January 16, 2024

Shapeshifting

I have bitten my nails most of my life. A few times I managed to stop. I just attributed it from being a messed-up, insecure child. For some reason a couple of months ago, I just stopped. I had not even noticed I had stopped until I had a nail! So now that I never leave the house ... I can have lovely nails. Speaking of, I have to put on underwear and real pants tonight, having dinner with a friend.

Donald has won Iowa, of course. A sad state of affairs.

Houston ... we have a problem ...

 

It is not in the teens but still very cold. We found/ordered a feeder heather from Birds Unlimited. We will probably only need it one more week this winter, but seems well worth saving our two hummingbirds. 

Although I criticize (in jest) Lifetime and Mary Higgins Clark movies ... this is coming from someone who watches Piranha 3D and Megalodon (Bri just passed by and asked "are you blogging about your stupid movies?") ... 

I can not really be critical of what anyone watches or likes to watch. Example being ... I have just binge-watched Tacoma FD ... a comedic look at firefighters battling their own boredom. My son loves it. It feels more like something a teenage boy would love.  

There's not a lot of fires to fight in one of the rainiest cities in America, leaving the crew at the Tacoma Fire Department tackling the less glamorous elements of the job. Light on blazes that need extinguishing, this squad keeps itself entertained with creative competitions, friendly first responder rivalries, and bizarre emergency calls. Leading firehouse shenanigans in the half-hour comedy are Chief Terry McConky and Capt. Eddie Penisi, played by series co-creators Kevin Heffernan and Steve Lemme, respectively.

But at the same time, I thrive and pay a lot of money to watch my British mysteries. I guess what I am getting to ... don't  listen to me when it comes to entertainment, I like it all.

   

  

 Pawsitive Purpose (found on FB)

Masko Miki is shapeshifting.





2 comments:

beverly said...

I used to bite my nails too as a kid. Working on a farm now my hands really take a beating and my nails are really brittle the older I get until this November I broke my leg and the orthopedic doctor prescribed Vitamin D-3, Ascorbic Acid and Calcium suplements twice a day.
My nails are growing and very hard now which is good.

I watched some Mary Higgins Clark movies on youtube read most her books many years ago. I binged watched all 19 seasons of Grays Anatomy on Netflix I really liked it and my son got hooked on it too. Right now we are watching Boy Swallows Universe on Netflix.

It is funny you showed the dogs as humans that came across my facebook feed this morning.

Dinner with friend sounds wonderful Enjoy.

Take care stay warm and safe
Beverly

Kim Carney said...

What makes us quit? I was just so puzzled when it dawned on me I had nails!