Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Home Sweet Home

We made it home. So while I gather my thoughts and what few photos I have from my damaged camera .... here are a few details:

No one was injured, no big fights ensued, but it was touch and go at times

Saw two falling stars

Collected dirt and sand from each place we stopped

Picked up a dead dragonfly and crepe myrtle seed pods

Found the greatest rocks (and a heart rock) on a beach north of Eureka

Have a new appreciation for my own clean, flushing toilet

Foggy, windy, cold, winding drive up Hwy. 101

Listened to Earth, Wind and Fire the last two hours of the trip

The kids needed motion sickness medicine

Came home with clothes so foul they might have to be thrown away

Saw lots of wonderful wild flowers, collected a few in my notebook

I miss everything about SF!

Walked Haight Street in search of graffiti

M tagged a derelict house in Hwy 101

Harassed by more crazies in SF than I remember being there before

Visited my old neighborhood on Laguna Street and did a little shopping on Union.

Ate so much junk food at fast food places, I can't wait for a decent meal

While hiding out in the shade at Lake Shasta, observed a woodpecker's nest carved into a Madrona tree

3 comments:

Maxinetoo said...

Welcome home! Sorry the weather was bad; it has been beautiful here. What happened to your camera?

Kim Carney said...

no, the weather was spectacular. The fog was really wonderful, change from the heat. I am not sure what is going on with my camera. guess that is next on my list this week, take camera in.
;0

Michelle (a.k.a. la vie en rose) said...

so glad you're back...and i wish i could have joined you because it sounds like a lot of fun...