Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Fast & furious road trip

Before arriving anywhere, we were thoroughly entertained by ground squirrels at a rest stop that literally met us at the car door begging for food. Very cute. Lake Shasta - the thing to do there is rent a houseboat for the week. San Francisco - San Francisco MOMA,  graffiti on Haight, Chinatown, North Beach (we just walked around from our hotel), Laguna, Union Street, The Presidio, Palace of Fine Arts. Then there was camping at Lake Sonoma in wine country. After the sun came up, the hills were filled with bees buzzing around. Hwy. 101 through the giant Redwoods, a beach near Orick where I found the best, thinnest rocks I have ever seen. Oregon Dunes National Recreation Area.

5 comments:

kim said...

Nice slide show. Thanks. I miss SF too, although I lived in the East Bay. But I lived in LA longer, and after our visit there this month, I am more convinced than ever that I will never leave the Puget Sound. This is where I belong.

Tara's Art Camp said...

Great photos,,, I love the way you see things through the eyes of your camera that no one else does.

I am happy you were able to retrieve your photos.

xo..

Maxinetoo said...

Great pics!

KS said...

Enjoyed the Video. In one pic.was a gorgeous blue sky. We have that blue sky with beautiful clouds that quickly gather together into sudden downpours. Between the temp.in the 90s and the heat index over 100 with high humidity we are sweltering. Your vacation sounds good. Luvyall

jill said...

How fun for you all to travel together!! Such great memories! Great photos as well.

If only you had inched your way a bit further south... some day again maybe!!