Friday, January 20, 2006

Just Say No To Free

I don't know it is my age, menopause or the rain, but the last few years I have been losing my mind. I know one thing I could do to relieve some of my stress is JUST SAY NO. I love to help and I love to be busy, a dangerous combination for a softie like me. I have been doing FREE for so long and I swore a few years ago that I would not do it anymore. I love giving back to my community when I worked the Little League concession stand cooking a ga-zillion not dogs, the yearly auction, school newsletter a couple of years, I did my son's daycare newsletter a year after he left because they could not find someone to replace me. I finally said 'no' to that. Free logos, free mock-ups, free business cards. I scanned and completely put together (and taught that student photoshop, how to colorize and clean up scans) a comic book for a student (as a favor to my husband for someone at his work.) That about did me in. So from this point on I am going to concentrate on my own work.

Learn How to Say from No, Real Simple, I ran across this today.

No comments: