Thursday, November 16, 2023

Break from reality

I love 1930-40 movies. And I have immersed myself into watching them on YouTube. It is like wrapping myself in a warm, comforatble blanket. Maybe reality is bringing me down more than I realize. Sometimes they are silent and many of them are very blurry and poor quality. I can connect my iPad to the TV to watch it on a full screen. 

I am getting really good at making shrimp, clam spaghetti! It is so quick. The most time consuming thing is chopping the onions. I use a can of chopped clams with juice. I also add some of the pasta water. I do not use tomatoes or whole clams. I use a blackened spice to spice up the shrimp. Don't overcook, I time them a 3 minutes each side. I also use red pepper flakes and a little sugar, like my mom did. I am also still eating my pickled cucumbers with my lunch, which are very thin and delicious. Also baked potatoes are my fall-back when I don't feel like anything else. I have a couple of cooked all the time.

A few of the channels I follow are: 

 Some great choices on Scott Lord Mystery Film - The mysteries of the 1930’s and 1940’s, including those filmed by Chesterfield, Republic, Mascot, Majestic and Monogram Studios, with Boris Karloff as Mr. Wong, Philo Vance, Arthur Wontner as Sherlock Holmes, and the adventure serials, including those with Bela Lugosi. 

MurderMysteries PizzaFlix is a passion project created by two film industry professionals with 50 years combined experience. We control one of the largest, privately-held broadcast-quality film & TV libraries of its kind. These films are the foundation for our channel, an educational platform for the preservation and discovery of the Golden Age of Hollywood and Television.  

Silver Screen Society has the Charlie Chan Movies channel.  

Timeless Classic Movies

These creations are adorable, by Studio Roof. Their Instagram. Studio ROOF started with our life as parents of three. It was observing the creative and colourful outcomes between us and our children that originated our first products. That reaffirmed our belief that imagination and playfulness are not only connected to childhood but are a key element that pervades every aspect of life, at all ages.










 

I love the ease and looseness of Polisih Teresa Wilbik's illustration. Just delightful.
I could happily take a real break from reality in Oaxaca, Hotel Pug Seal. This project covers the two floors of the central courtyard of a historic building located in the center of Oaxaca, covering 570 square meters of fresco painting. Art by Rafael Uriega. His Instragram. I love the free-form shapes and beautiful color palatte.

No comments: