Tuesday, December 06, 2022

A couple of hours of honoring David

Lots of hugging, lots of speeches, tons of BBQ, friends, family. It felt like a very nice event to talk about how much we all loved David. One of my friends played the bagpipe, which was wonderful. Bri amd Matt did a great job with everything and all family and family chipped in the set up. Many of David's co-workers were there and lovely rembrances of David. Many of them had worked with him for 30 years! 

Now my S-I-L and sister are cocooning in the house with Netflix and food. Taking it easy. 

I felt absolute exhausted yesterday, I think just having it all done was such a relief.








3 comments:

Angie said...

How wonderful that you were able to have loved ones celebrate David and surround you with warmth and love in a beautiful memorial/celebration of his life and the love that you two share.

beverly said...

Lovely photos and many memories shared. Hugs and smiles looked comforting.

Kim Carney said...

Thank you both! It was a lovely gathering and I felt such a relief after it was over! I was exhausted for two days afterwards