Friday, December 24, 2021

Never-ending favorite artists list

I was asked the other day to list my favorite artist and art influences. Although, it felt like such an easy question, it was so hard to pin down a list. So I am starting a on-going list here for future reference. 

 I am wondering now if I should break this down in centuries, or categories. Maybe later.

Eyvind Earle

Miroslav Šašek
Gustav Klimt (I have book)
Piotr Socha
Sanna Annukka
Charley Harper
Donna Wilson
Rob Ryan
Tamara de Lempicka
Botticelli
Don Clark
Ernst Haeckel
Sara Fanelli
William-Adolphe Bouguereau
John Singer Sargent
Genndy Tartakovsky (illustrator for Samurai Jack)
Malcom Furlow
Same goes for my visual inspiration all around me, patterns, seed pods, photographing flowers, math, Reaction-Diffusion (Turing patterns), vintage floral, and fashion illustrators, Pantone colors and paint color swatches, rock collection. 


 

No comments: