Saturday, April 14, 2012

Sincerest apologies

Magically & Spiritually Violet/Lavender is the colour of serenity. Used for peace, meditation, forgiveness, poetry, in dreaming magical and to invoke Spirit when in the process of charitable work. 

The Psychology of colour says: VIOLET/LAVENDER. Spiritual Positive: Spiritual awareness, containment, vision, luxury, authenticity, truth, quality. Negative: Introversion, decadence, suppression, inferiority. The shortest wavelength is violet, often described as purple. It takes awareness to a higher level of thought, even into the realms of spiritual values. It is highly introvertive and encourages deep contemplation, or meditation. It has associations with royalty and usually communicates the finest possible quality. Being the last visible wavelength before the ultra-violet ray, it has associations with time and space and the cosmos. Excessive use of purple can bring about too much introspection and the wrong tone of it communicates something cheap and nasty, faster than any other colour. 

I never wanted my blog to be a platform for "whining". Yes, I thought I would blow up at political issues occasionally, but really try to avoid that. And social issues that irk me. But not my very personal issues. Especially not involving the search for myself in my new life, ups and down, the fears and especially my feelings of inadequacies.

This was my special place for me to capture the imagination and magic I found on the internet. A reason to take a beautiful photograph of one flower in a vase. To talk about some of my art, and my friend's art and art of people I have never met. To find quilts, embroidery, furniture, ideas, nature, space ... and I feel I have strayed from that purpose on some post. And I want to apologize!



Of course, my wonderful husband says, given what is going on, I am entitled to my occasional rants and self-pity party. I appreciate that he understands when I weep and wallow in my fears and doubts. But really, only my husband and mom should have to endure that melodrama. ;) 

So I am taking a little break until I can get my emotions under control. I will be back shortly.



sweet violet

sweet violet



In the meantime, I found this wonderful animated gif by David Ope


This very cute DIY hello sign by Family Chic by Camilla Fabbri that I am going to make for myself. Or maybe something in shrinky dink form

I am going to buy some more of these stones and make something! Or maybe just buy one

I am going to keep a close eye on oceans and The Humble Ultimatum

Mom and I are waiting for the real Downton Abbey season 3 to show up. 




And lastly, something that puts all of my little complaints into perspective!


Love you guys! See you soon.

9 comments:

s'mee said...

Thanks for the great links. In the mean time, take it easy, and we'll be here when you get back. Hugs.

Adele said...

No need for apologies....I was talking to a friend today that came into the nursery where I work, she was commenting on how desperate her life seemed just a year ago and how everything has changed and the future seems bright again...for you I am sure...this too shall pass..and besides we all deserve to wallow a bit, even in your wallowing you always gave me reason to pause..

kim said...

Yup-- what they said. Take a break. We'll still be here.

LindaCO said...

Very much looking forward to seeing your beautiful pictures and reading your words when you return.

Unknown said...

I have been enjoying your spring photography! No worries about being human and sharing! We artists are constantly expressing in visual form our deepest selves and feelings. Some of us can do it in words too. It is a gift to be open and real with the world we live in. Keep being real :)

Erin said...

I'm sorry for being a shitty "online friend". You've been in my thoughts and prayers a lot, as you've been real here. But I rarely take the time to stop in and say 'you're not alone' here.

I understand that you want a beautiful space here. I find your honesty beautiful too.

Peace to you, Kim. You never fail to remind me that I'm surrounded by thousands of stunningly beautiful things at every moment, if I would only focus in and notice.

Kim Carney said...

Thank you guys for being so sweet! So kind! I am hoping when my mom is better I am not so emotionally raw all the time ... it helps to know you guys are there and I really appreciate it! With all my heart. xoxo

karan said...

I think it's likely that I win the prize for the worst online friend...and I apologize and promise to try harder...so when is Downton Abbey season 3 starting?

Kim Carney said...

me win prize for worst friend ;0 I hope Downtown Abbey is soon ... but I fear we will have to wait until Fall? Winter '(