Sunday, May 24, 2009

Am I Cracked?

An unfinished painting from many years ago, "Cracked" for Illustration Friday.



What am I?
My brother's keeper?
My mother's confidant?
My husband's truth monitor?
My son's moral compass?
An unfinished painting?
An unread book?
Working robot?
Invisible blogger?
A hesitant writer?
Fabric not sewn?
Book full of untested ideas?
An absent friend?

Who am I? Really?

I have been thinking about this a lot lately. I don't know if I am losing my mind or losing myself. My time becoming so much more valuable. I feel like my dreams are lost. My future, cracked. Can it all be mended? Glued back together? I am searching for my solutions within my grasp.

11 comments:

Johnny Caracarton said...

I take my hat off to you

Erin said...

It's a brave thing to sit with the questions, and not shove them down.

I can tell you that you're a damn fine artist.
That I know for sure.
Peace

Digital Scott's Illustrationblog said...

Stunning work! Very nice.

jill said...

Yes, pretty brave to sit and ponder such things... But more than what you are/aren't, what I know you are is a wonderfully talented and delightful lady.

You have a ton of gifts to give to this world and I for one, am thankful that I've crossed your path!

Anish Daolagupu said...

lovely detail on the fork...

i can't think about answering any of the questions you have asked... i'm trying to find answers myself... and maybe find some more questions on the way... :)

meggiecat said...

Wait just one moment here!!! You are a great friend even when it's just our thoughts on one another. You are still there as friend and I always know it.
Hugging you,
Kathy

Kim Carney said...

oh you guys! Thank you! You guys always know how to bring me back down to earth ;) while I am up there pondering the unanswered questions ;)

Amanda said...

All of them and more. We all have different 'hats' Some we love, some we know don't suit us, others are old tatty favourites, some make us feel good and alive, some we wish to discard but our conscience won't let us and some we should definitely never wear again!

holly said...

Beautiful work. Honest sentiments. Thank you for sharing your work!

Denise Gallagher said...

very pretty...
stark and lonely egg paired with an elaborate fork.
nice!

Burt said...

It looks finished to me! Great job.