Sunday, October 29, 2006

Studio Friday - Collection

I am the master collector of meaningless stuff. Like many of you, I do not start wanting a collection of anything. It starts out as one innocent purchase and before I know it, I have a book case shelf dedicated to that one subject. I have a pretty large collection of playing cards. A collection of tea cups and saucers, crystal and cut mismatched wine glasses, floral china plates. Wind-up toys. Flip books. Vintage photos of dogs and their owners. Rocks, sea shells, beach glass, polished-stone eggs. My most favorite thing to collect are paper lanterns and I have gone completely overboard, but I put them to a good use. It takes two in a household of collectors to keep it all crazy, between my husband and I buying and collecting Christmas ornments, that is something else out of control. We collect carved Oaxacan animals. A collection of minature chairs.

This is a collection of tiny western boots for Studio Friday. D bought me these of for Christmas many years ago (they were stocking stuffers).

{later} Look Nancy Bea actually uses their collection in her art. Of course, this is my favorite.

collection of little boots

10 comments:

Suzie Q said...

Hi Kim, I found you via Studio Friday and am blown away by your beautiful ceiling decorations! Absolutely gorgeous! As are the tiny boots! Thanks so much for sharing, I am inspired to go put some decorations up! :)

Sue x

Anonymous said...

The boots are adorable! Reminds me of the little pair my boy-child (and the girl-child for that matter) once wore!

Very colorful! I love it.

Anonymous said...

I am an absolute freak for anyting in miniature!! Love your boot collection and the mini chairs too. What are the dimensions of those boots??

Silvia Hoefnagels . Salix Tree said...

I love all the tiny chairs! So cute! I like the one with the leaves, or are those tulips? Very pretty and intricate!
The boots are amazing, the detail on them!!

Kim Carney said...

Thank you Sue, I have such fun decorating that ceiling. At the moment it is bare, I took down these adorable square blue and green ones to try and think of something for Thanksgiving.
Thank you Joelle, Linda! And Salix Tree -- I think the white metal one has leaves. The boots are about an inch and half tall.

angela said...

i am squealing over the boots! they Need to be collected :)

Anonymous said...

those wee boots are just so sweet! I've never seen anything like them before - and your collection of little chairs and lanterns are wonderful. Great collections!

Anonymous said...

Really cool!

Meg said...

And everything is in pristine condition. I don't know if I'm envious of the boots collection, the miniature chairs, tea cups, or lanterns.

Anonymous said...

Your collections are so diverse and fun! You are very lucky that your husband also shares the collector trait. Mine does not and has little patience or tolerance for lots of stuff. So the yin and yang are in constant flux at our house!