Friday, June 14, 2024

Dressing in color

Ali Wall - Beautiful made to measure fashion recycled from vintage materials.

“The story of an old fabric – where it has come from, where it has been, who made it – can take you back in time. Early fabrics sometimes have a naivety about them, and sometimes make you laugh out loud. What attracts me to the textiles I choose to create with is often their softness, patina and story that comes with age. 

And also the colours – vintage fabrics often have subtler colour combinations than modern fabrics. I love to use military regalia and play with that sense of irony and pompousness whilst also appreciating the beauty of their decoration”  

Sue Kreitzman - Art, artists, life, love, death and hormones. And jewellery! And her Instagram and YouTube.

 Dress in art  -  I turn what I'm wearing into art. My body is my canvas and my clothes are the paint. Style Coach, Fashion Illustrator, Colour Walker, Costume Designer
 



 

No comments: