Saturday, February 19, 2022

Happy Birthday to David

It was David's birthday yesterday. We drove to Seattle to run errands, meet some friends at Starbucks. Our favorite shop, Mort's Cabin, was closed so we did not get to go shopping. Ordered so much Chinese food, we will be eating it all week. A Baskin-Robbins cake, and at his request, just one candle. We are both in shock how old we are this year. You know, it just sneaks up on you and you are 67! That fast!

Tonight I found our next weekend getaway! Rock City, Montana. 12 hours, we could be there. 

 

Filled vials with the sand I collected on vacation. That is exciting, I added around 30 new samples to my collection.

Talk to another sand collector to make sure he wanted my extra sand from the trip. I love having another crazy sand collector as a friend, although we have never met, only on the internet for almost 10 years. I always send him my extra sand, we met on Pinterest. He lives in New York.

I am really missing New Mexico. David and I have talked about moving there. We are probably too old to move all of our crap to a new house, but I miss being in New Mexico.


 

2 comments:

Joanne S said...

You will find- at 67 that you will NOT move all your crap if you move.
I already imagine moving to something smaller and taking only the basics and leaving behind all else.
Two chairs. Two bowls....... and guess what..no one else wants your stuff..... liberating to know it has no value.

A few years ago when we got new floors, bathrooms etc. I was packing and loading stuff as the workmen wanted open spaces free of clutter- and furniture. My living room is now home to a couch and two end tables. Period. Not even a rug. and it's been years. I kept the Art. I kept the crafts. I kept the cloth for fabric art making.

I have too many canning jars. they go next. I am too old to lift the heavy full of water canning kettle.

Kim Carney said...

I am definitely there about the lifting. AND cleaning/dusting on top of stuff that I have to have the step ladder now.

I asked the kids, do you want this dish, this art? and if they say no, I give it away. But they still want a bunch of the stuff here. I am clearing out, but my husband is still in the collecting mode ;0