Friday, July 15, 2011

I drove over to Yakima yesterday with a friend. The landscape is so different from the Seattle area. Arid and sensual, sage brush, browns and muted, gray greens, shadows from clouds ... and blue horizons.  I love it . I feel like I a breath there. Crops, hills, sheered off cliffs made by glacier movement millions of years ago. It is really beautiful there. I want to go back and have a closer look. And I love Google maps to get a bigger sense of where have been and seen. The crop images are closer to Spokane, but it looks so much like a quilt,  I had to add the image.






1 comment:

phlegmfatale said...

I love those pixelated landscapes with the irrigation circles and the millions grades of green. Always energizing to see new landscapes. And old familiar ones, too.