Monday, November 01, 2021

Universe opening the miniature cabin door

A little gift out of the blue!

I had shared with my friend the other day my fascination with miniature houses/cabins. And how I ran across one on 1Stbids that was priced at $365 then another for over $200 and thought, I could sell that one I bought David many years ago. I mentioned that to him while showing him the little cabins and he said "why would you want to do that, I love cabin". 


 

I like the cabin. I wrapped it in tiny LED lights one year for his Christmas surprise. It is rather crammed in with everything else, and in light of my "getting rid of, lightening up" mode, it was just a thought. I then stated, "I would love to make these cabins, it would be so much fun, maybe one from each state". He said, good idea, get off your ass and go do it.

I spent the next couple of hours looking at what miniature cabins, building plans and general stuff. So I told my very creative neighbor this story and the next day she showed up at my door with this little cabin she had just found at a garage sale. I screamed with delight and say, OH, MY it is the universe opening up. I think they stained chop sticks, match boxes and gravel. Such great creativity. It has a bunk beds (matchboxes), a hand drawn skull, and a fire place.

Folk Art Toy Log Cabin - $595
Lots of cute cabins and more on my Little House Pinterest board.
How to Build a Miniature Faux Log Cabin Miniature Log Cabin Christmas Ornament DIY

 

No comments: