Thursday, August 05, 2021

A visit to Wadi Al Disah

Extending my mini-YouTube-vaca today ... 

The word Al Disah literally means “the valley of the palm trees.” If only one word could describe more, I would add: “the valley of the palm trees, the freshest air in Saudi Arabia, the silence broken only by bustling wildlife.” Wadi Al Disah is the Grand Canyon of Saudi Arabia. Still, with one difference – there are no crowds of tourists coming from all over the world. It’s a quiet, beautiful and peaceful place, where you can connect again with nature. At least it’s not yet crowded, so I was very excited that I could experience it before the mass tourism comes. I’m sure someday it will as this gem can not stay hidden for so long. The Saudi government is currently working on a development project in this region to receive more visitors in the future.  

No comments: