Saturday, September 19, 2020

Who am I? (an ongoing list)

Who are your favorite artists? John Singer-Sargent, Gustav Klimt, Henri Rousseau, Norman Rockwall, David Hockney, OKUDA SAN MIGUEL, Kirsten Ulve, RETNA, Kehinde Wiley, Aaron De La Cruz, Julia Ibbini, Jan van Os, John Hersey, Von Glitschka, Ron Chan, Nicholas Rougeux, Al Hirschfeld, Bunnie Reiss, Lauren Kussro  

Who are your favorite musicians? Earth, Wind and Fire, Louis Armstrong, Yo-Yo Ma, Johann Pachelbel, Vivaldi, Al Green, Marvin Gaye, Edie Brickell & New Bohemians  

Tell us about your personal/professional background: It took me until my 30's to figure out what I wanted to do the rest of my life.  

Tell us about one event that completely changed the direction of your life. The birth of my son in 1991, made me more serious about everything.  

Who are your favorite heroes/heroines of fiction? Elizabeth Bennet (okay, any Jane Austen heroine) 

Who are your favorite characters in world history? Carole Lombard, Kathyrn Hepburn, Jane Austen, Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Galileo, Leonardo, my art teacher - Otis Lumpkin, Alan Turing

Tell us about your background: Product of a single mom in the 50's, insecure from not having a hands-on father. And later, dealing with alcoholic fueled fights between mother and step-father, dealing with an alcoholic grandfather. Had an advantage of living in many places around the world.   

Where would you most like to live someday? In a rustic cabin in the woods. The entry has a 12 foot carved totem, there is a very large library, must have wi-fi. A river close and a view of snow-capped mountains. This is not a physical place, I just realized it is about the house environment, the place, rather than the location that interest me the most. I can literally live anywhere ... but it would be nice to have the perfect home.

No comments: