Wednesday, October 16, 2024

Weathering pillars

I am getting more able to use my hand and I am very happy about that. I don't think it was a break or fracture, I think it is a really bad sprain. I can't grab or lift with that hand but it is not constantly aching. 

BTW, if I have not mentioned this before ... this stuff is a miracle. I bought it at the local pot shop and it makes all the difference in my sore back, arms, neck, and I have been using a toothpick to dig the remaining little bit out and put it on my arm. Dragon Balm - Extra Strength - Pain Relieving Roll-Up. It was a little expensive (not as expensive as on the website I linked to) but well worth it! There are so many different roll-ons and sprays out there ...

I saw these on Facebook ... looks amazing ... The Manpupuner rock formations (Man-Pupu-Nyor; Mansi: Мань-Пупыг-Нёр [manʲ.pupiɣ noːr], literally ’Small Idol Mountain’; Komi: Болвано-Из [bolvano iz], literally ’Idol Stone’) are a set of 7 stone pillars located west of the Ural Mountains in the Troitsko-Pechorsky District of the Komi Republic. They are located on the territory of the Pechoro-Ilychski Reserve on the mountain Man-Pupu-nyor, between the Ilych and Pechora rivers. They are also known as the Seven Strong Men Rock Formations and the Poles of the Komi Republic. Deemed one of the Seven Wonders of Russia, the Manpupuner rock formations are a popular attraction in Russia, though relatively unspoiled by tourism. 

The height of the rocks varies between 30 and 42 metres. About 200 million years ago at the location of the stone pillars, there were high mountains. Rain, snow, wind, frost and heat gradually eroded the mountains. Solid sericite-quartzite schists, from which the remains are composed, were eroded less and survive today. Soft rocks were destroyed by weathering and carried by water and wind into depressions. 

 

Still keeping up with the ongoing hurricane clean-up and disaster. Those poor people who have lost everything! I keep wondering where do they take all of that furniture and mess? What landfill is large enough to accept all of that?

 I found this post from 2009 ...

What am I?
My brother's keeper?
My mother's confidant?
My husband's truth monitor?
My son's moral compass?
An unfinished painting?
An unread book?
Working robot?
Invisible blogger?
A hesitant writer?
Fabric not sewn?
Book full of untested ideas?
An absent friend?

Who am I? Really?

I have been thinking about this a lot lately. I don't know if I am losing my mind or losing myself. My time becoming so much more valuable. I feel like my dreams are lost. My future, cracked. Can it all be mended? Glued back together? I am searching for my solutions within my grasp.

1 comment:

Joanne S said...

Same Here. I believe we are both on the verge of re-inventing ourselves. Letting go of what bothers us and enjoying what makes us happy. And giving the finger to anyone who has a different opinion. I got five numbers in today's sudoko and called it a WIN.