Wednesday, July 10, 2024

For your viewing pleasure

I binged watched as much of House of Dragons as I could. I did not realize they were rolling out episodes weekly, so I have to wait to see what happens in S2 E5. I hate it when they do that. 

I am not sure why I resisted watching House of Dragons. Maybe I thought it would not be as perfect as Game of Thrones, but I was wrong. 

Still has the same amazing theme song. The two versions of opening credits on Season 1 and Season 2 are incredible. Costuming to die for. 

 

  

  

I was thinking about my hesitation today and maybe it was because David is not here to share it with me. We were so in love with Game of Thrones, would cozy up to excitingly tune in weekly. Would discuss and wag on about Game of Thrones every week. I would go on and on about the theme song and costuming. This thought popped in my head about how I should have appreciated David's big brains more, but honestly, I was always in awe and inspired by him. He was simply the smartest person I knew. It seemed like he knew everything, historical facts, all about every sport you can imagine, there was not a song he did not know the creator or the year ... it was almost a novelty and unfortunately, I think (we, the family) started to take his genius for storing everything in a memory bank for granted.

I miss being able to  turn around from my computer and asked him an historical fact and know it will be true. Or talk about the instruments  used in a theme song and the significance of the choice. I know nothing about music or instruments but I know what I love and  what I emotionally respond to. It was fun to have someone to discuss that with who understood what I was talking about. 

I started re-watching Game of Thrones ... do you know to binge watch it will take 74+ hours? Good thing I have nothing else pressing except to catch the next episode of House of Dragons on Sunday.

Oh, BTW ... it is super hot here so in the afternoon I have been shutting the house down, i.e., closing blinds to hot sun seeping in and not really doing anything. I think today is going to be in the mid-80's which is a heatwave for us. We don't have AC ... although the kids have a portable AC unit in their living area and bedroom, because they are wimps. It cools off nicely when the sun goes down.

We all have been doing yard work getting ready for Matt to install a new deck in a couple of weeks. We ordered and paid for most of the material ... but where to store it all. Matt has to demo the existing deck, and haul that mess away. Then we have to figure out what to do about the stairs to let the dogs out. I can't manage to haul them from the front to the back myself. I have only attempted to walk with of them once and being pulled down the street by an enthusiastic 200lb mastiff is not fun.

A handy 'House of the Dragon' glossary: places, powers and people you need to know

No comments: