Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Thrift Store Gloating

Better photos of my works in progress - "Soul Tree" and "Nesting".

Soul Tree

Nesting Box

I also forgot to gloat about all the good treasures I found at the thrift stores the other day. I had so much fun for under $50.00 and found lots of great stuff. I have all ready used and painted most of the boxes. Found lots of plastic dolls. Brass candelabra for $2.00. A couple of porcelain dolls. More scrabble letters. These wonderful paper streamers for 99 cents a bag (I am sure those will find their way to my dining room ceiling soon). A bag of cologne and face powder, asian packaging - bought it for the graphics and little box. Oh, and a bag full of wooden apples that have a hole in top center, I was thinking I could use them for place cards for the table by sticking the dowel in hole and attaching paper with name. I have more of the green apples. But a bag for a couple of dollars, I could not resist! Oh, and a few small ornate frames.

brass candlelabra

Cologne and face powder

Thirft store head

Thrift letters

wooden apples

thrift Steamers

Thrift store frame

8 comments:

sharonb said...

certainly quite a haul - but I love the box its really got a charm about it

"Maggie & Kevin" said...

What great finds! I love, love the bird in the nest, the box and the porcelain doll, ooh and that frame!

Anonymous said...

SCORE! Oh my gosh, I am so jealous of all of your thrift store treasures!! I am always digging through our local goodwill. Rarely do you find as many goodies as you did though!

Also, your bird (crow?) in the nest is amazing. I have a "thing" about crows. They are very emotional to me.
Wonderful!
a.

Deborah Boschert said...

I am so happy to see a close up of the nest. It's wonderful. It takes a really good eye to find good stuff at a thrift store. Sometimes I get overwhelmed by the aisles and aisles of junk and forget to look at small pieces individually. Great finds!

Anonymous said...

"Nesting" is fabulous!

meggiecat said...

I admit it....I'm green with envy. This just makes your vacation time nearly perfect.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful Treasures! I love the bird in the nest!

Christine Lim said...

Mum still has the white powder! It's precious!