Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Dinner And Laundry

With my mom gone I have had to find my way to the grocery store and search out stuff we need. Do laundry AND cook dinner. Okay, I am spoiled by her, I am the first to admit it. But the last couple of days of been rough! Exhausting. I managed to conjure up something for dinner tonight instead of the take-out Chinese and pizza we have been living on the last couple of days. And because I have been very ill with a sinus infection, I thought potato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches sounded good. Plus we have an excess of pototoes. I made my grill cheese with double gloucester with blue stilton. Then I decided I was soooo sick that I needed some homemade chocolate pudding (yes that is with 9 egg yokes). The kitchen a mess, the laundry not finished or folded. I am ready for bed. Mom, can you come back sooner, please.



14 comments:

Tricia said...

So sorry you're sick, but....oh yum! What a delicious dinner you made!

Amy said...

I'm sorry you're sick...no fun, especially when Mom's away. Dinner looks and sounds delicious though.

Anonymous said...

z
Yum!

Hope you feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

Cripes! I shouldn't have come around here before having lunch! Everything looks soooooo good! I think home-made chocolate pudding is a cure-all for anything.

mati rose said...

i hope you get better soon! can i come over for dinner? my pudding is all "kozy shack":(

Anonymous said...

mmm njam! hope my Mom makes me these too! looks so delicsh!
hihi ^_^ hugs

atomicvelvetsigh said...

ohh with that treat, i bet you'll feel better in no time!

thanks for the recent visit btw, if you have time hope you could share your thoughts on what age you'd be if given a change to go back in time... 8)

Anonymous said...

Hope you're feeling a little better now...
Oh and thanks to you I'm really hungry now, and drooling- too late to eat- it's 2 am here! ;o)

Tongue in Cheek Antiques said...

That is what Moms are for, I am sure she loved loving you. I hope you are truly feelign better, a Mother's love is the best medicine.

Balwearie said...

I can totally sympathize... Who cares about the laundry or the dishes with a meal like that? Dang but that pudding looks good!

weirdbunny said...

I tend not to bother with chores in general, I always say don't worry it will be tidy in time for christams, irelevant of what month it is. Choc dessert looks fab!

Kim Carney said...

That is good Weird Bunny, tidy by Christmas, I am going to use that line!

liz elayne lamoreux said...

that food looks so yummy...even though you are sick, you still managed to make the cutest looking food...
i hope you are better, and taking care of yourself, and resting!

Colorsonmymind said...

Oh my that looks sooooo divine!

Hope you are feeling better.