Mom made this today, recipe from my neighbor (mom didn't get the cookbook title). It is so delicious.
4 cups rolled oats
1 cup oat bran (or wheat)
1 cup almonds (the recipe also calls for sunflower and/or pumpkin seeds)
1 cup pecans
3/4 cup canola oil
1/2 cup honey or maple syrup
1 T vanilla
1/2 t salt
1/2 cup brown sugar
(mom added a dried cherry, cranberry, blueberry, blackberry mix she got at the store and these delicious golden raisins she gets at our local Star market).
1. Preheat oven to 325 (13x9) tray
2. Combine oats, bran and nuts
3. Combine oil, honey and vanilla. Pour over mix (using hands if necessary)
4. Stir in salt
5. Bake for 35-45 minutes until , stir twice during backing
6. Crumble in sugar as soon as granola comes out of oven and cool in tray
7. After cooling, add dried fruit.
8. Store in jar in freezer (2-3 qt capacity jars)
I am very excited to take this to work, to eat with yogurt? I get so hungry about 8am when I wake up so early.
13 hours ago