Monday, February 06, 2023

Cutting threads to the past

The wind is so violent today. I hope we don't lose electricity because I don't have any wood inside. 

I collected kids from school, took them home and did some dishes, cleaned up a stamping mess that Noah had left. Their kitchen is so small, it is hard to keep clean if you don't clean as you go, which they are not "that kind of cooks". I feel like I am helping out a little if I can do their dishes. 

I return  home and Pixie is losing it. She is just sure I am never returning when I go out that door. When I do return, she is overly excited. She was eating cooked hamburger to good, but today she rejected it (twice) so I tried a hot dog. I remember when mom would give her and Pica a whole hot dog. Two small dogs, with very small mouths and questionable teeth ... I always said to her ... that is really not a good idea. She just ignored me as Pixie drug her hot dog to her hidey-hole behind the sofa.

I got most of my belongings stored away in the bedroom! Enough that I can sleep in a bed tonight and I am very excited about that. I was so desperate to get the room in order I was just pitching clothes into the "give-away pile". I think I am down 1/4 of my belongings, still not enough going away. I threw away 90% of my socks and am still thinking about throwing away all of the panty hose drawer. Now to start on David's closet. I just won't pile them all over the bed.

I need to go finish my laundry. I think I have a washer full of laundry for a couple of days that will need to be re-washed. I went through a months worth of junk mail yesterday and started my pile-making on the dining room table. Death creates soooooo much mail. And they are still sending my mom credit card applications. And if I see something to "Kim Miller" I just toss it in the trash since I have never gone by Miller.

No comments: