Sunday, February 12, 2012

Gosh, where does the time go?

I cooked a brunch for Bri's birthday. As I have said before, cooking is no my strong suit. So I started at 7:30a for an 11a brunch. Mom set back and helped me with the burning sausage and frittata not quite done.... Meal eaten, fun had, the enamel plates washed by hand, put away. Kitchen cleaned. I survived a brunch.

Brunch decision ... I don't have enough time to go to the Garden Show with my free ticket. Very disappointed about that, but feel good that a decision has been made. So many things I want to do, so little time.

Head to garage to cut/sand Brantlers blanks ( before the rain came). Many hours of cutting and sanding. A few scraps with bleeding fingers. Cleaning up is the most time consuming prospect of this endeavor.

Busy, busy day. Now working on freelance while listening to 60 Minutes and Bill Moyers on PBS, and thinking a shower sounds really good. 

Some day I am going to look back at these days and giggle. ;) Some day I will look back on this part of my life and not feel consumed with rage and anger, confusion and rejection. Today, when I sanded each new Brantler, I giggle at the thought of what this little piece of wood will be tomorrow. "Tomorrow" ..... ;) is a very good thought! xoxoxo to everyone!

Shower taken, feeling even more hopeful ;) Smelling much better ;)

2 comments:

Serena Fenton said...

I hope you can see what an inspiration you are to the rest of us. You keep going, keep the creatively flowing and have a wonderful eye for beauty, in spite of it all!

Kim Carney said...

Thank you so much Serena!!! I feel the love and encouragement from everyone and it truly helps make me throw one foot in front of the other!