Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Wish list

Loving this Buffalo Lamp and this Desert Big Horn Lamp. Electric Boot Chair - Western bravado in bold red and blue. Deeply embossed, (doesn't that make you toes curl up?) hand-painted boot pattern on luxury leather set off by a contrasting welt and silver nail heads. Would love to see this in person! All from Crow's Nest Trading Company.




I just applied for a job that pays $15.00 an hour, so this is all dreamin' here ;) Yep, it is my Monday, Tuesday, ego slap-down of applying for jobs. Do you ever feel like your life is over? Or at least your 'big-dreaming' life is over? I have my moments.

5 comments:

Shelley Noble said...

Dumb question: Why does someone as knockout multi-talented as you have to work for someone else at all? for the insurance? They have affordable policies for self-employed now I hear.

You would be a fantastic stylist, designer, artist, consultant from the comfort of your own home. No commute!

I don't get it!

Kim Carney said...

You are so sweet to me. Well, I am working on that. Looking into freelancing. Getting my act together. I am really hoping that is where I end up soon.

LLB said...

I do feel as though my life is over at times, but I more so feel as though it is constantly restarting. My husband relocated me one state over, the month I received my MLIS. I had a great career in library PR, and it was well-paying. Now I make $12/hr cataloging books, a necessary and noble aspect of librarianship, but still...
I actually appreciate this move and "career change" deep down. His career is flourishing, and I know that if we can live without it now, we'll be fine later.

Buying new shoes on payday just because used to be really fun, though.

Kim Carney said...

Yes, Lauren, restarting is a very good term!
I have worked about every job imaginable in my life and there is nothing stopping me from doing that now.

I was thinking of working in a nursery would be great for me right now!
I guess, we can't judge ourselves too harshly on our hourly wage these days.

And I can do lay-away, like I did in my early years ;)

Maxinetoo said...

Don't let this environment get you down; looking for employment in times like these can be degrading and humiliating no matter how talented and intelligent you may be. I and others I know have been through this as well ... you are a very talented lady; I just know something better will come your way. Listen to your heart and support group; they know how talented you are! xoxo