Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Throw The Bums OUT!

I drove to work in the dark and came home in the dark. Expecting to vacuum around the Christmas tree mess ... but instead got sucked into Nightly News and after listening to the news all day became enraged and decided I needed to blog my rage.

Throw the bums. Even when some of his staff is all ready in jail for corruption ... he still had the balls to do this!

Daniel Mudd. Richard Syron (Those and other choices initially paid off for Mr. Syron, who has collected more than $38 million in compensation since 2003). Franklin Raines. Leland Brendsel.

"Top executives at mortgage finance companies Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac ignored warnings that they were taking on too many risky loans years before the housing market plunged, according to documents released Tuesday by a House committee."

And still got their million dollar salaries. Ok, maybe they didn't get the full benefit because the stock price dropped ... but if I were doing such a dismal job I would get fired. I know we have seen this train wreck coming for years. But it is still pretty outrageous when you hear it and see it in print. What is going on in this country? With the government and the CEOs that are suppose to running (not in the ground) our major institutions? Is no one out there responsible? Incorruptible? Ready to do what is right? I am sorry, I am enraged. I have been enraged for some time now. It is all very depressing.

No comments: