Saturday, August 09, 2008

The Tudors

We were watching the CBUT for the opening ceremonies and saw the promo for the second season of "The Tudors" (note for those of you able to watch CBC ... this begin Sept. 30!) So the first question where is the first season! It looks like they will be showing the first season later this month and early September. Guess you could purchase the first season.

Interesting podcast of special features such as The King's Table: Tudor Cooking, Cardinal Wolsey: The power behind the throne and The Six Wives of Henry VIII. So now I know I have something to look forward to in September!

2 comments:

dee said...

Hi Kim, I've been busy with family stuff but I just wanted to jump in and say....YUMMM I rented the first season and wow is it good. I grew up with Charles Laughton as Henry so I really wanted to see what they would do with someone who is...well...frankly, yummy. The costumes are so fabulous and I am interested to see what they will do to age him as history moves along. Charles Laughton he's not!Did you happen to catch the BBC wives of Henry 8th this past winter? I enjoyed that as well.
Hope you and yours are well.

Rowan A. Miller said...

Hey Kim...look to see if you can get the 1st season on demand...it regularly airs on Showtime. Hope you're having a great vacation! Maybe Rowan and I will drive up to see you and your mom this week if that's convenient.
-K