Monday, June 30, 2008

The Muslim Thing

More twaddle for the smear campaign.

"I think Obama would be a disaster, and there's a lot of reasons," said Pollard, explaining the rumors he had heard about the candidate from friends he goes camping with. "I understand he's from Africa, and that the first thing he's going to do if he gets into office is bring his family over here, illegally. He's got that racist [pastor] who practically raised him, and then there's the Muslim thing. He's just not presidential material, if you ask me."

Yes, this is a quote from the story.

As much as I hate to admit it, it is going to boil down to race. And I thought we were so far passed that. I hoped we were so far passed that.

1 comment:

dee said...

This stuff(see; crap)is what I heard down south so much I couldn't believe it. Roger told me to just not respond because it would just make me madder and he was right. When I politely explained the error of a few peoples ways I was met with dead silence and that southern thing that when expressed verbally sounds a little like "you poor dear thang" in that babyish litle darling voice makes me gag. Blank stares and so much miss-information that I was really horrified. It made me begin to wonder just how many people in this country will actually pull the lever for a black man. I think, unfortunately, that people are being outwardly polite-what will happen in the booth is a guess.