Thursday, February 07, 2008

Ron Isaacs

The fantastic still life compositions of Ron Isaacs work seen in Snyderman Gallery. I am so in love with his work!

From artist statement: "Objects have great power for me. Natural or made, they have silent lives and histories which are borne on their surfaces. They show growth and decay, use and wear, care and neglect, and they accumulate in my life and works as signs of memory and loss and beauty. They are evidence of who we were and are. There is also mystery just in the voiceless physical presence of an object; I believe it was Claes Oldenburg who once declared that the harder he looked at a thing, the more mysterious it became. I know the feeling."







1 comment:

A COLLAGE A DAY said...

I had Ron Isaacs in a 2-d class at Eastern Kentucky University in the early 80's. I still enjoy seeing his work.

r.