Sunday, November 11, 2007

My Fall Has Vanished

I have never minded working hard. But at my age, I really want to enjoy my house, my decorating, cleaning, doing art, working in the garden ... and I have done none of these since April when my schedule changed. With the big ongoing project at work taking most of my energy. Yes, it is exciting. But what happens to my life? Before I was married, had a child, or house or garden ... I would not have minded. Today, I realized that this year is nearing the end and it will be another year gone. I shot one little photo this morning to remind myself that fall is happening out there and that I almost missed it ... sans what I see from my car window driving back and forth to work. I need more beauty, more art, more photography, more enjoyment in my life instead of pushing pixels and css code around on my screen. ;) Okay, off to work. Go enjoy the fall colors, please, for me!

enjoying the end of the colors

9 comments:

dee said...

wish I lived close enough to grab you up for a day out in the lovely fall colors. Keep your chin up Kim.

Kim Carney said...

Hey Dee! I owe you a long email, i was thinking that driving to work ;) Thanks, I am ... chin up ... thinking of alternatives ;)

Tara's Art Camp said...

i know.....

Anonymous said...

Is there no way you could work 4 days out of 5? ( maybe from time to time).An extra long weekend could mean a world of difference to really relax and recuperate.

S'mee said...

The photos are great, love them!

Is there any way you could retire and throw your energy into your own art? Imagine what would happen if you spent as much time and focus on your own stuff that you do for MSN...you could rule the world.

Here's hoping to see you rule one day soon.

Lex said...

Fall has been really nice. I live in Michigan with plenty of trees which means colors galore! and i got a new camera so i've really been enjoying it. I'm kinda excited for the snow to come and the ice to freeze over the leaves and berries...thats always pretty too

Shelley Noble said...

Yep, money over time, in my small way, that's my dilemma too. Hard call.

2¢; I think many others could have remade the MSN site--but NO ONE can make the beautiful art that calls to you inside to make.

If you and your family are not in dire need of your salary, it may be worth considering. You have really suffered with all the dark early morning drives this year. That kind of vivisection to your creativity can't be healthy long term.

Fun at our life's work is a new concept that came along with the boom generation where we could choose what we do.

You know, Kim, as great an illustrator as you are--I think you really might enjoy being an event planner even more!! Think about it!?

Best of luck, Shelley

Wendee said...

Something startling about scrolling down this one and then seeing pixels! Hang in there; there will be beauty to enjoy whenever and wherever you pause. Lucky for you to know that and to be able to appreciate it...

Michelle (a.k.a. la vie en rose) said...

i think we probably all would agree with you...