Friday, January 05, 2007

Loss

Stunning disbelief and sadness. We suffered a terrible loss today of a most beloved friend. He was a brilliant star that shone on us for a brief span of time, touching us with his humor, passion, talent and gentleness.

A haphazard accident. The suddenness of having your life hang on one thin thread, one breathe from a ventilator.

We will all be grateful for having known him. I can't imagine the anguish his parents are suffering tonight. Our compassion and heart-felt support are with them now.

Thank you all for your warm thoughts and prayers over the past few days.

7 comments:

Libra Moon said...

My Hearfelt Compassion to Your Friend...
We never know when Time will End...

In Peace
Libra Moon

Anonymous said...

What a tragic loss and so sad when it is a young person. I will keep you in my prayers and hope that you find comfort that only God and time can give you.

Deb R said...

I'm sorry for your loss. {{{Kim}}}

Anonymous said...

Oh Kim, I am so sorry to hear this. His family must be so sad and my heart goes out to you and those who loved him. Also for those who he would have touched, may all those who knew him keep him alive in their memories and art.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry. Prayers go out to the family and everyone who loved him.

liz elayne lamoreux said...

kim, i am so sorry to read this...my prayers and thoughts are wtih you and his family and friends...

Anonymous said...

Kim, I too am soo sorry to read about the loss of your young friend. How tragic. Thoughts and prayers to them.