Tuesday, January 02, 2007

A House Full Of Artist

What do you call a bunch of joyful, exburant, chattering very talented artist? A gaggle? A flock? A herd? A convention? A party!

Anne Robinson and Nanci Drew invited Tara and I to her annual New Year artist exchange. It was wonderful! I meet so many artist that I have admired from afar, purchasing their work, spying their work in galleries. My eyes were glazing over with all the visual stimulation after about an hour. I hate to admit, I get completely overwhelmed in a room full of people about about 30 minutes.

And the food! A chocolate fountain, yes, fountain.

A few of the cards and names I collected included, Juli Adams, Sue Robertson, Jenna Colby, Kim Groff-Harrington (I have some of her work from years ago) and her a yard art. Jean Mann, Angela Ehrig, Cheri O’Brien, Mary Fox, Terry Berg, Marissa Motto, Valerie McNeil, Bonnie Taub, Linda Mestrovich and Dawn Sorrel (do your self a favor and click on "2004 Artisan Northwest, July issue (read the article in pdf format)" and see some great art! Sue Zell - her business is called "Tuffets" and Valerie Willson. So there were so many more women there I would love to link to and mention. I will keep adding to my list here. Thanking you all for a very lovely day.

Other local art organizations: The Washington Potter's Association, Snohomish County Arts Commission and ArtWorks is a joint project of Edmonds Arts Festival Foundation and Edmonds Arts Festival Association, ArtsNow at Edmonds Community College. Paula told me about ArtistsConnect - local artists connect with other artists to share technical information and creative support. Group Meets at ArtWorks in Edmonds once a month ... and I really want to take off a Saturday and go.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a blast! I just finished my contribution to Sue Robertson's altered book and dropped it at Autumn's Gallery for the next AC artist to pick up.

Same to you! I'm wondering how M is feeling about hs now that 1/2 year is nearly over. Z is turning 13 today!! He's having a paintball party later on the 14th. And have you been to C'est La Vie? That's a cool shop! We should talk again soon...

Anonymous said...

That's really neat. I'm wondering if they do something like that around here. I'm off investigating, possibly something for s'mee and me!

Engayla said...

Yes, and have you checked out my show schedule lately http://www.engaylasdesigns.com/shows.php
I have some fabulous new fabrics from Europe come into my studio on North Ballard ready for my
Engayla's Designs Open House, November 9th and 10th, 2007!
Email me for directions to the studio!

Wohan Raja Obat said...

tank yau

produk pria wanita dewasa
alat bantu sex pria
alat bantu seksual wanita
alat bantu sex wanita
kondom bergerigi
obat kuat pria
obat sex ampuh
obat penguat sex pria
obat pembesar penis
jual obat pembesar alat vital
alat pembesar alat vital
obat pembesar alat vital
obat perangsang wanita
obat sex perangsang wanita
obat perangsang wanita murah
obat perangsang wanita cair
obat perangsang ampuh

cream pemutih wajah
obat penghilang bekas luka
obat pelangsing badan
jual obat pelangsing badan
obat pelangsing super
obat pemerah bibir
obat peninggi badan cepat
obat perapat vagina
obat perontok bulu
pembesar pantat
alat pembesar payudara
obat pembesar payudara
jual obat pemutih gigi