Monday, October 23, 2006

Self-Portrait Challenge 10.24

Color me green, some yellow with a little dash of red.

I know most of my characteristics, the bits and pieces and that make up my personality. I know for instance that I am very loyal, I am a hard worker to the exteme, that I must have just and fair situations, that I am a giver, a push-over, somewhat introverted, can be bossy and a task-master, not very detailed oriented, spontaneous. This is not an imperfection post for Self-Portrait Challenge. It is a post about something interesting I found out about myself.



We took a personality color test at work, had a wonderful workshop afterwards examining our color(s) and how to relate and have successful relationships and communication with people we work with of other “colors”. Here are some examples:

So what color are you?
Red On a Good Day
You may be seen as assertive and forthright. You are action-oriented and always in motion. You are strong-willed, reality-oriented and focused on the achievement of results and objectives. You will approach others in a direct, authoritative manner, radiating a desire to control and conclude.
Red On a Bad Day
When you are under pressure and the chips are down, you may become aggressive and overbearing. Your desire for results may cause others to view you as impatient and controlling. You may sometimes appear dismissive of others and more concerned with the task than the people.


Yellow On a Good Day
You will tend to be seen as outgoing, radiant and friendly. You are usually positive and concerned with establishing good human relations. You enjoy the company of others and believe that life should be fun. You approach others in a persuasive, democratic manner, radiating a desire to enjoy and discover.
Yellow On a Bad Day
When you are under pressure, you may become excitable and frantic. Your heightened desire for inclusion may cause you to become indiscreet and act in a way that is inappropriate for the situation. You may struggle with self-organisation and miss deadlines.


Blue On a Good Day
You will tend to be seen as self-contained. You will have a desire to know and understand the world around you. You like to think before you act and maintain a detached, objective standpoint. You value independence and intellect. Your need for clarity and precision means you tend to prefer written communication to the spoken word, radiating a desire to analyse and understand.
Blue On a Bad Day
When you are under pressure and the chips are down, you may become over-concerned with the detail and too immersed in the process. Your need for independence and space at this time may cause others to view you as aloof or even cold. You may appear too formal and others may ask you to relax more and 'enjoy the journey'.


Green On a Good Day
You will tend to be seen as concerned about values and depth in relationships. You want others to be able to rely on you. You will defend what you value with a quiet determination and persistence. You prefer democratic relations that recognise the individual and are personal in style, radiating a desire to appreciate and support.
Green On a Bad Day
When you are under pressure you may become defiant and stubborn, even obstructive. Others may see you as someone who is too willing to appease and who wishes to maintain harmony at any cost. They may believe you lack the ability to make a clear decision.


My color was primarily green.
The Helper -- Sunshine Yellow/Earth Green, Feeling
Helpers are warm, understanding and sociable individuals who strive for positive relationships with people both at work and at home. They are ambitious for others and may take on too much on their behalf. They work through people to get the job done. However, they may take criticism personally and find it difficult to become authoritative with others when necessary. Ideal counselors, their nature tends to be steady and they do not like stress. Helpers have poise in most social situations. People come to them as they can both listen and suggest solutions.

It’s not easy being green…caring, encouraging, sharing, patient, relaxed and somewhat introverted. Those are the characteristics of my color. But the most interesting part that coming in second in my color scheme is yellow: enthusiastic, sociable, dynamic, demonstrative and persuasive. But the MOST fascinating part was that my subconscious is more yellow, less green, some analytical blue and hardly any bossy red and at work, I am majority bossy red, second color, green then blue and yellow. So the workshop was a success, you can see most of the managers are all red, all worker bees are mostly green, some yellow. It was all very interesting and entertaining.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is very cool. I love your take on this!

Anonymous said...

That was a very interesting read Miss Kim!

Loralee Choate said...

I love the color code.

I am a Yellow/White.

I had ONE red answer.

ERP.

Tammy Brierly said...

I loved this and almost match your personality ;) Love your creative take on the theme!

Deb R said...

This makes me want to take the test. This kind of thing fascinates me!

S'mee said...

I have taken this test, and others which tell personality traits, etc. Every time I have I end up with a strict 50-50 divide. In this particular test I am 50% green 50% yellow. Explains why I am always in constant conflict with myself! (excepting, of course, matters of chocolate, then me, and myself always agree!)

Colorsonmymind said...

I relate to a little of all of them but alot with blue.

Hmmm
interesting.

I like you mrs green/yellow.

I did get a bit lost on the summary here, I am a bit tired-full day with the toddler, but all in all it sounds like it was fun and helpful to you at work.