Thursday, August 17, 2006

Summer Winding Down

Summer is winding down. We head off for a mini vacation soon. Matt and I are shopping online for most of his school clothes. Not too much running to the mall (yet).

He will be a freshman this year. And that makes my heart ache and soar at the same time. His summer has been a whole lot of doing nothing, no camps this year, just summer baseball and All Stars. Lots-o-sleepin' in! He is a real teenager but when I look at him I see my little pumpkin head, wearing a frankenstein mask and a batman cape, everywhere he went.

Sleep is important to a teenager

6 comments:

One Crabapple said...

Hey Girl ! I saw your Tree Doll in the Portals !

Lovin' it!

One Crabapple said...

Just read this entry and chuckled...

What sweet pictures

Him zooming around in his bat cape

Or zombie walks in his Frankenstine mask....

I guess you must feel like that sure went by FasssSST !

Kim Carney said...

I completely forgot about the image for Portals. how exciting! I am published (well, outside editorial;(

Yes, he was quite the super hero when he was four...we will see how he 'tackles' high school literature with the same enthusiasm. LOL

S'mee said...

I think the photo collage of your son is great, especially the smiling "good grief mom, I just woke up" one. I enjoy hearing about your relationship, so great.

I am also a firm believer in that we are giving our kids schedule overload. Good for you for letting him just sleep in and catch up this summer.

What a cutie. Make sure to buy girl repelant while school shopping...he's pretty much a looker and I can see the stampede on the horizon!

Tara's Art Camp said...

My son wore a cape too fora couple of years, but his favorite were the green rubber rain boots he wore, even in the summer.

Where can I see Portals?

Tara

kelly barton art + design said...

oh girlie...my gabe just started his freshman year on wednesday.
i just can't fathem that he is
a freshman! it makes me sad in a
way that he is growing up.

enjoy your freshman year all over again!