Monday, July 10, 2006

Tech Team Wanted

I spent all day downloading files from an old iMac, something I thought would take me an hour took me all afternoon. So while I was waiting for those files to transfer to zips, I decided to finally try out the new (to me) used Pfaff sewing machine that I purchased from a friend of mine. I have a bag of carefully cut squares of D's old shirts that I thought I would experiment one. So many zips later, this is where I ended up. And I also connected another computer to the DSL in the family room. SO now we can all get online ;) Isn't technology great. The only problem I had was when I was explaining to the little twirp at Comp USA what I wanted to do, and watching him roll his eyes when I was asking (stupid?) questions. Oh well, I got it all to work. But now I am at a standstill with the new (wonderful) sewing machine. I ran into a glitch rethreading the darn thing ... I wish I had a Tech team just follow me around, helping me with all my little technical problems throughout my day.

While I was ironing my sewn pieces, I lovingly remembered all the threads that lived on my grandmother's floors.

Bad Thread!

Shirt quilt

shirts5

My mom buys Sanborns Orange Blossom cologne in bulk when she visits Texas. An after-shower splash in the summer heat is delicious. Check out the Mexican markets, it is very inexpensive and has a very strong fragrance.

Sanborns Orange blossoms

4 comments:

Tara's Art Camp said...

Good to see you got it out, and look at all those fabric squares.

The orange blossom colgne sounds good, I LOVE citrus!

Janet said...

I like the nesting doll....cute idea. And the cologne sounds very summery and light.

Anonymous said...

Love the nesting doll idea. Reminds me of something similar I saw. A friend of mine had a co- worker who was leaving and before she did she fashioned 'egg people' after all the department members. It was the cutest.

Joanne S said...

I have a Pfaff. A mess on the bottom the problem is on top. Mess on top, the problem is in the bobbin.

Sounds stupid but it works. When I get great gobs of thread under, I just pull the thread out of the machine and rethread the top and into the needle. always works. Good luck.